- Do not purchase any software or services.
- Ask if there is a fee or subscription associated with the “service.” If there is, hang up.
- Never give control of your computer to a third party unless you can confirm that it is a legitimate representative of a computer support team with whom you are already a customer.
- Take the caller’s information down and immediately report it to your local authorities.
- Never provide your credit card or financial information to someone claiming to be from Microsoft tech support.
- If you tell the scammer you have a Mac, they will still try to get you to gain control over your computer. Do not let them!
Read more at this link. Microsoft is going after these scammers legally. Report the scam here: